At its retreat last summer, the board of the FCA-FAC set out some top-level goals to pursue over the year. These were:
1. Get known as an important and useful federation by media, politicians and the public.
2. Present credible and compelling voices of regional groupings of community and citizen associations through a wide range of public participation activities.
3. Recommend new major projects or changes to City-wide strategy, policy, plans, standards and Budget and local community urban, suburban and village/rural and private sector development.
4. Partner in operational delivery of selected civic programmes toward affordability, quality, appropriateness, fairness, durability
5. Connect City Hall to communities and vice versa
6. Help build capacity within community groups and energy among them, through active exposure to each other and to other leaders.
We need to hear from the FCA-FAC members how we did in the pursuit of these goals.
If you haven’t done so already, FCA members, please take our survey