On Monday, May 11, 2020, the city of Ottawa will a Joint Planning Committee and Agriculture and Rural Affairs Committee – Special Meeting on the Ottawa Growth Management plan. They will consider the recommendations from staff on the 3 visions of growth management. After their meeting, their recommendation will go to the full council for discussion at the end of May.
The Urban boundary line will guide how the city manages development decisions over the next couple of decades. The official FCA position is that No Boundary Expansion best satisfies the objectives of our Provincial Policy Statement (PPS). City staff have recommend the 3rd option which will add a large area of land as within the urban boundary for future development.
Three Growth Strategy Options have been presented by staff. Our comments are:
• Status Quo is not a viable option
• No Boundary Expansion best satisfies the objectives of our Provincial Policy Statement (PPS)
• No Boundary Expansion has long been favoured by the FCA and we reaffirm this position
• Intensification is acceptable and density done right is welcome
• Ambitious intensification is acceptable providing Planners and Developers get it right
Details of FCA’s position…
This Meeting is scheduled for May 11 2020. It will start at 9am and will likely run all day. The meeting may be viewed online on the Ottawa City Council YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUR3i_hvk3-3i8vtrPg6v1Q.
(If you are looking for a past meeting, search by meeting date.)